Requests to have your bed raised, lofted, or bunked:
- Beds are set to standard height. No request needed.
- Requests for bed raising (see photos below) are accepted at any time after July 1.
- Requests for bed lofting and bunking (see photos below) are accepted beginning September 1 ending October 1.
To request bed elevation:
- Review the photographs and descriptions below to understand your options.
- Place a maintenance request (link below), and in the "Request Type" box, select "Repair, Maintenance,Service."
- In the "Request Summary" box, type in your request [i.e., "bed(s) raised," "bed(s) lofted," or "beds bunked"].
- Some bed elevation requests may not be able to be accommodated due to room configuration or fire code issues.
- Beds cannot be lofted in the Townhouses, 122 McGraw, Sheldon Court, or Ecology House.
- Some rooms on campus – particularly triples, or those in older buildings with unconventional floor plans – will be set up before students move in with beds already lofted or bunked to accommodate the space. In some cases, this set-up represents the only possible bed configuration for that room.
- If you place a request during the summer to have your bed raised, we will do our best to have the work complete by Opening day. Please indicate on your service request that it is for the academic year.