Whether you're a single student, or have a spouse, partner, or family, you'll find a variety of living options available to you at Cornell.
Hasbrouck and Maplewood Park are large, friendly neighborhoods, home to both single students and to those with partners or families. Hasbrouck is especially ideal for families with young children.
Thurston Court is a quiet apartment building for single graduate and professional students, located on north campus. Hughes Hall, adjoining the Law School's Myron Taylor Hall, is for single first-year J.D. Law School students. 13 South Ave., also next to the Law School, has single rooms for graduate and professional students.
Some single students choose to live in one of Cornell's cooperative communities. While typically home to undergraduate students, some co-ops are also open to graduate and professional students.
Housing Options for Single Students:
- Hasbrouck Apartments – studios, 1-bedroom apartments, shared 2-bedroom apartments, shared 2-bedroom townhouses
- Maplewood Park Apartments – studios, 1-bedroom apartments, 1-bedroom + study apartments, shared 3- to 4-bedroom apartments
- Thurston Court – studios, 1-bedroom apartments, shared 2-bedroom apartments
- Hughes Hall – shared 2- to 5-bedroom suites (for single first-year J.D. Law School students only)
- 13 South Ave. – single bedrooms with shared bathrooms and common spaces
- Cooperative housing – contact the individual houses about graduate occupancy and current vacancies
Housing Options for Students with Partners/Families:
Occupancy limits: Please note that Cornell's family/partner units can accommodate two to four people. No more than two adults are permitted per unit.
Learn more about living at Cornell: