Cascadilla Hall is located in the heart of the vibrant Collegetown community, close to the Schwartz Center for Performing Arts, and to restaurants, coffee shops, stores, and social gathering spots. Built in 1864, Cascadilla was acquired by Ezra Cornell as the university's first residence hall.
The Collegetown residence halls enjoy close proximity to the intellectual, cultural, and culinary perks of West Campus, while maintaining their own unique character and independence. Special programming and activities abound, offering lots of opportunities for social interaction. One popular tradition is SunFest, an outdoor picnic with live entertainment held every spring in Collegetown.
- Open to transfer and upperlevel students
- 366 residents
- Located in Collegetown
- Single and double rooms arranged along a corridor; floors are mixed gender
- Lounges, study areas, a kitchen, a piano room, and laundry facilities
- Houses the Service Center for all Collegetown area residence halls
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, and a wastebasket
- Wireless Internet access
Chaplain of Cornell United Religious Work Rick Blair and Professor & Director of Graduate Studies of Linguistics Molly Diesing serve as the Collegetown area residence halls' Faculty Fellows.
- Sign up for one of Cornell Dining's four traditional Meal Plan Options if you plan to eat all or most meals on campus (includes Cornell Dining's All You Care to Eat dining rooms, West Campus Dining Rooms, and retail dining facilities)
- Sign up for the Collegetown Debit Plan if you plan to eat a limited number of meals on campus (provides 10 meals in Cornell Dining's All You Care to Eat dining rooms and West Campus Dining Rooms, plus $750 in tax-exempt Big Red Bucks to be used in any Cornell Dining facility)
- Use City Bucks for tax-exempt food purchases if you plan to eat some or all meals at off-campus establishments (you may use City Bucks in addition to, or instead of, a meal plan or debit plan)
for information about all Cornell Dining meal plans.
Questions? Contact us.