Cornell Dining is now using GET Funds for dining and laundry plan account management. The new system offers an array of improvements including a mobile-friendly site, an upgraded interface, and generally more streamlined functionality.
Benefits of the migration to GET Funds include:
- Changes in guest access:
- Students no longer need to share their account login credentials for others to make deposits.
- Guests making deposits only need the recipient's NetID and their name as it appears on their Cornell ID card.
- Separate login credentials no longer required for account login.
- Dining plan subscribers will use their NetID and password to access account.
- Ability to set "Mobile Quick Deposit."
Additional changes to be aware of:
- Auto refill and low-balance notifications are not yet available.
- Bursar Bill is now "BillMe."
- Smartphone apps are available (search "CBORD GET") at: Google Play or App Store.
- Although redirects are in place, the URL for Get Funds is: https://get.cbord.com/cornell/
About Cornell Dining
Cornell Dining is consistently ranked in the Princeton Review'
s top ten for best campus food among all colleges and universities in the country. That high rating comes from customer surveys,
and reflects Cornell Dining's commitment to
serving high-quality foods that are healthy and creatively prepared with genuine care for a diverse community. Cornell Dining operates more than 30 on-campus eateries
which include all-you-care-to-eat dining rooms, cafés, coffee houses, food courts, and convenience stores
and serves more than 26,000 meals a day to members of the Cornell community. For more information, visit