Visit the Schuyler House webpage and Collegetown Residence Halls webpage!
If you want the experience of living off campus combined with the perks of on-campus housing, Schuyler House may be the place for you. Located just below Collegetown, Schuyler House is convenient to classes and on-campus eateries, while also being rooted in the life and culture of Collegetown and downtown Ithaca.
Schuyler House is a 15- to 20-minute uphill walk to Central Campus. Frequent buses stop at Schuyler House (three to eleven per hour, depending on the time of day) for the 5-minute ride to campus. All Schuyler House residents receive a free bus pass.
- Open to undergraduate transfer students and upperlevel students
- 125 residents
- Located between Collegetown and downtown Ithaca
- Mostly singles, with some doubles and a few triples; rooms arranged along corridors with shared bathrooms on each floor
- Lounges, TV rooms, a study room, kitchen facilities on each floor, and a laundry room
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair,
a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Wireless Internet access
- A free bus pass for all residents
Schuyler House rooms do not have air conditioning.
Chaplain of Cornell United Religious Work Rick Blair and Professor & Director of Graduate Studies of Linguistics Molly Diesing serve as the Collegetown area residence halls'
- Sign up for one of Cornell Dining's four traditional
Meal Plan Options if you plan to eat all or most meals on campus (includes Cornell Dining's All You Care to Eat dining rooms, West Campus Dining Rooms, and retail dining facilities)
- Sign up for the Flex 10/500 Plan if you plan to eat a limited number of meals on campus (provides 10 meals in Cornell Dining's All You Care to Eat dining rooms and West Campus Dining Rooms, plus $500 in tax-exempt Big Red Bucks to be used in any Cornell Dining facility)
City Bucks for tax-exempt food purchases if you plan to eat some or all meals at off-campus establishments (you may use City Bucks in addition to, or instead of, a meal plan or debit plan)
Click here for information about all Cornell Dining meal plans.